Saturday, June 5, 2010

Blessings From Above

"You answer us with awesome deeds of righteousness, O God our Savior, the hope of all the ends of the earth and of the farthest seas..." Psalm 65:5



The beautiful gate Cody and Samuel made for the top of the stairs

Samuel excited about his own bed and room!



33 weeks :)

At the salon....I will miss the long locks, but alas...

Who's that good lookin' fella?!


We are now in our new home! We moved in last Thursday, May 27th. We just got internet hooked up yesterday, so I'm excited to be back online and able to post an update. Our friends and now landlords were so generous to let us stay in their RV over the past two months. We are so thankful for their kindness and the example of Christ that they have been to us. They offered to furnish the apartment for us, so the furniture you see in the pictures was all provided for us by them! They also gave us pots, pans, dishes, silverware, an iron, a vacuum, a microwave and a t.v. with a dvd player. What a blessing they have been in our lives. Samuel says often that he likes his new house and his new room :)

We were blessed to find out Cody got a raise at work about a week ago! Business at Bubba's has picked up significantly since Memorial Day weekend as more and more tourists will be coming through town. Cody is known as "The Rodeo Capital of the World" with a rodeo every night June 1st - August 31st. It is also 50 miles away from Yellowstone Nat'l Park, so there is an increase in traffic when we drive into town.

I am 33 weeks now and feeling Abigail move often. At my last appointment I was thankful to find out my glucose levels were great after taking a blood test at my prior visit. Dr. Williams says the baby and I are healthy :) As we are having sunnier days, I have enjoyed spending time with Samuel outside, watching him grow into the little man that he is becoming. He loves to play with his toys, read books and play outside. He gets really excited if there are other kids involved. He also likes to play the drums, piano, guitar and sing songs with me. I enjoy these times of singing and playing that we get to have together. I pray that God will continue to grow the giftings that He has placed inside of Samuel and show me how I can encourage him in the things he enjoys doing.

On June 10th, Cody and I will be celebrating our 4 year anniversary. Looking back over the past 4 years, I know they are the best years of my life. And I believe that each year that goes by will be better than the last because the Lord says we will go from glory to glory (2 Cor. 3:18). I am so thankful for the husband that God has blessed me with. I am grateful for his friendship, love and the encouragement he gives me. I love to watch him grow in the Lord and fall more in love with Him. This spurs me on in my faith to fall more in love with Jesus. I love the passion he has to see others come to know Jesus and grow in their relationship with Him. I love how he is such a loving daddy to Samuel and how he spends time with him playing and wrestling outside. I could go on and on, but I will finish by saying this: over the past 4 years through the good times and the rough times that come in this life I can say with a thankful heart to God that Cody has been there for me with love and support every step of the way.

Thank you Jesus for your goodness and faithfulness in every facet of my life. I praise You, for You are worthy of all my praise. In the good times and the rough, no matter what life brings, I will praise You.


2 comments:

Penney Douglas said...

I'm happy to see you doing so well. Praise the Lord that you and the baby are healthy. Our baby is named Abigail Eden. The Father's Joy, Delight and Pleasure. You are blessed to be a blessing, and you have blessed me.

Love,
Penney

Sheila King said...

That was beautiful... you are an amazing wife/mother/daughter/sister/friend...... you and Cody are so blessed to have each other :) Congrats on being married for 4 wonderful years and I know you guys will have many many more to look forward to! Can't wait to meet little Abigail. Sean is talking about maybe making a drive up to see you guys during his block leave before deployment. Would be great to see all of you and meet the new little one! Love you all! Sheila <><