Tuesday, April 13, 2010

This Man



Melodies flowing from the sky
Make my heart sing and then I start to unwind.
Heavenly songs that can come only from above
Fill my ears with such a beautiful song.
Such longings in my heart that I cannot put to words,
He replaces them with sounds we've never heard.
How these songs have come so easily
Is the result of a Man I haven't seen.

His love envelopes me in warmth that never ceases.
I know His love is real because He picks up all my broken pieces.
When He looks at me He says I am beautiful
Even when I can't see anything of beauty in me.
His thoughts toward me are more then the sands of the sea
How can my mind comprehend this reality?
His mercies extend beyond the ocean waves
And much farther than my eyes can see.
He says there is no one like me,
But, I say that there is no one like Him.

1 comment:

Sheila King said...

Very beautiful Jess!! The Lord has put sweet words in your heart! Keep those nice poems coming! Love to read both your's and Cody's poems. How are you all doing? I bet your excited to move into the house soon! Call us sometime.. same number! I'll try to remember to call you too.. maybe tomorrow! Love you all!